How to register for MCAT and some tips
An earful information is right here to all pre-medical students who want to pursue allopathic, osteopathic, podiatric, or veterinary medicine.
Before getting a thorough know-how, let’s get a short nitty-gritty of the MCAT registration
- Create an AAMC account
- Fill in all the particulars to create the profile
- Register for the exam
- Fill in all the particulars
- Proceed to payment
So let’s begin with the detailed information!
MCAT Registration steps:
- Create an AAMC account.
- Fill in all the particulars of personal information like e-mail, first name, last name, sex, etc.
- Fill in the initial questions, i.e., which best describes you.
- Fill in identification information like DOB, birthplace, etc.
- Fill in address information and other information like city, postal code, etc.
- Fill in accounting information like username, security questions, etc. Click on submit.
- You will be asked to confirm your account by clicking the link which is sent to your e-mail.
- After verifying the account, click on sign in.
- You will be directed to the sign in page. Sign in again by entering the username and password.
- Click on exam registration on the below right corner to begin the exam registration process.
- Fill in the personal information like identification, address, etc. Click on save and continue.
- Fill in the biographic information like citizenship and self-identification. Click on save and continue.
- Fill in the background information, i.e., educational information, parent’s background, etc.
- Agree to the terms and conditions in the ‘consent’ page. Click on save and continue.
- In the personal information page, agree or disagree accordingly to the given terms and conditions.
- Next is the appointment information page where you can schedule an MCAT exam, view appointment details, etc.
- Click on ‘schedule an MCAT exam’ and you will be directed to ‘Test center and appointment search page’, where you can find the nearest test center and choose the appointment date.
- After the available appointments are shown, click on the available appointment time to schedule an appointment.
- You will be directed to ‘My Order’ page where you can check the details. Then click on ‘proceed to checkout’ to pay the exam fee and schedule fee.
- You will be directed to ‘checkout’ page where you need to confirm personal information, agree to policies, enter payment, submit the order and check the summary.
Some important key highlights
- MCAT is a computer-based test and the registration can only be done online.
- It is preferred that the candidate should register 60 days before the exam so that the seats are available for the exam.
- The MCAT registration system accepts only visa or master card for the payment of examination fee.
- The candidates who are eligible for FAP i.e., Fee Assistance Program, must receive FAP approval before registration or else they will be charged with full MCAT application fee.
- Candidates are encouraged to check the nearest MCAT test center before registering for MCAT.